Lift Your Spirit!
September 25, 2016 § Leave a comment
One of my tarot students had a sudden accident and hurt her back when she tripped over her dog (a lovely lab) who always follows her around. This Fire Monkey year is the time of accidents and injuries, not lingering illness like in Snake or Rabbit years. Plus her accident occurred during the recent Mercury retrograde.
She selected 3 tarot cards, one each for Body, Mind, and Spirit. Body and Mind were good cards for her, but not Spirit. (This tarot spread for health is on page 164 of Introduction To Tarot.)
So her spirit was waning, she was becoming discouraged, and she asked if I have any recommendations to lift her spirits. Options for her to feel better are:
1. Watch comedies and stand-up comedian specials on netflix, or whatever you have to get streaming media. Avoid getting too involved with other media such as heavy dramas, too much news, or other negative influences.
2. Eat what you want! When you get better you can exercise or eat less caloric foods. But for now, enjoy a few treats.
3. Read inspirational books and magazines. I just finished reading The Baron in the Trees by Italo Calvino. You will probably enjoy that.
4. Feng Shui! Make sure your bedroom or recovery room is nice, no piles of clutter, have fresh flowers nearby, fresh sheets on the bed, and get comfy. Maybe hire a housekeeper to spruce up the place.
5. Encourage visitors. If you have friends or family who live nearby, invite them over. They can watch a comedy with you, eat good food that you just ordered, you loan them your copy of The Baron in the Trees when you are done reading it, and they visit you in your nice flower-scented room.
6. Most of the pain will be managed with drugs, so stay with and follow what the doctors recommend as you wean off the medicines. That’s also why you feel lousy, and the drugs can make you constipated. You’ll feel better when most of the drugs are out of your system. So eat prunes or drink Smooth Move tea to keep bowels regular. That strongly influences mood.
7. And your doggie! Snuggle up and take comfort from your companion animal. You’ve taken good care of your dog, so now your dog can return the favor and be extra attentive to you during your healing.
Try any of the above tips when you feel like your spirits can use a lift, or if you have a challenging card in the Spirit position of your tarot spread.